Best Lightweight Laptop for 2020 – Edited by Burbro Editors on May 19th, 2020
- Best Lightweight Laptop in 2020
- 1. Dell XPS 13
- 2. Acer Swift 7
- 3. HP Elite Dragonfly
- 4. Apple MacBook Air
- 5. Razer Blade Stealth
- 6. Microsoft Surface Go
- 7. HP Spectre x360
- 8. Microsoft Surface Book 2
- 9. Microsoft Surface Pro X
- How to Choose the Best Lightweight Laptop
- Summary – Best Lightweight Laptop for 2020
OUR EDITORS INDEPENDENTLY RESEARCH, SELECT, AND RECOMMEND THE BEST PRODUCTS FOR REVIEW. AT TIMES (AND AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU), WE MAY RECEIVE COMMISSIONS ON PURCHASES MADE THROUGH OUR CHOSEN LINKS. WE WILL ONLY EVER PROMOTE THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT WE TRUST AND 100% RECOMMEND. YOU MAY READ OUR FULL AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFORMATION.
If you’re going to be travelling around for work, college or vacations, then you’ll likely want a laptop that is thin and lightweight so that you can access the web from wherever you go, without having to worry about carrying a heavy laptop. Over the years, it’s become more common to see laptops that have been designed to be sleek and elegant. It’s becoming more difficult to find laptops that look bulky or are heavy to carry around, whereas that used to be the only option when you wanted to buy a portable computer.
While there are many laptops that you could choose from when it comes to thin, lightweight laptops, this doesn’t mean that they are all high-quality. You’ll find that some laptops are built for their sleek looks. However, they may have compromised on the power and quality of the computer so that they could create a thinner laptop.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at the best lightweight laptops in 2020. We will also look at some of the features that you may want in a thin laptop, and show you how you can choose the right lightweight laptop for your needs.
Best Lightweight Laptop in 2020
This is a list of all the best lightweight laptops that are thin and easy to carry. We’ve also selected laptops that are high-quality and powerful so that your computer will always have high performance.
- Best for All-Purpose: Dell XPS 13
- Best Thin Laptop: Acer Swift 7
- Best for Business: HP Elite Dragonfly
- Best for College: Apple MacBook Air
- Best for Gaming: Razer Blade Stealth
- Best for Budget: Microsoft Surface GO
- Best for Photo Editing: HP Spectre x360
- Best for Graphic Design: Microsoft Surface Book 2
- Best for 2-in-1: Microsoft Surface Pro X
1. Dell XPS 13
The best lightweight laptop for general use.
RAM:16 GB DDR3 | Storage: 512GB-1TB SSD | Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7 processor | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 Coprocessor w/ 1GB Graphics Ram Card | Screen: 13.3 Inch Screen Size // 4K Ultra HD Display // 3840 x 2160 Screen Resolution w/ Infinity Edge Touch Display
If you’re looking for one of the best laptops for general use, then you can’t go wrong by choosing the Dell XPS 13. This laptop is one of the thinnest 13-inch laptops in the world and weighs less than 3lbs, which makes it easy for you to carry and use on the go.
The Dell XPS 13 Laptop features Cortana and Waves Speech Technology, which allows you to strike up a conversation from across the room. This feature will allow you to control your laptop and adjust the music or other settings with your voice commands.
One of the things that we love about the Dell XPS 13 Laptop is that it comes with a long-lasting battery. When you charge this laptop, you’ll be able to use your computer for up to 10 hours without having to recharge. This makes it an ideal laptop for when you’re on the go and don’t have time to worry about charging your laptop.
2. Acer Swift 7
The Best Laptop for Thinness and Weight
RAM: 16GB DDR3 | Storage: 512GB Flash Memory SSD | Processor: 4.2 GHz Core i7 Processor | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 615 | Screen: 14-Inch Screen Size // IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass // Multi-Touch Screen // 1920 x 1080 Screen Resolution | Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
When you’re looking for a lightweight laptop, you’ll want to consider the weight and thickness of the laptop. If you’re looking for one of the best thin laptops, then you’ll want to take a look at the Acer Swift 7 Laptop.
The Acer Swift 7 features a thickness of less than .4 of an inch and weighs under 3lbs, which makes it one of the best laptops when you’re searching for a laptop that’s thin and lightweight. It also comes with a sleek design that looks elegant and professional, which means that you can use this laptop wherever you go.
If you’re going to be taking your laptop with you when you go out, then you’ll want a computer that has long battery life. The beautiful thing about the Acer Swift 7 is that the battery life has optimization settings that can make your battery last for up to 13 hours without having to recharge your laptop.
The Best Lightweight Laptop for Business and Professionals
RAM: 16GB DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM | Storage: 1TB PCIe SSD | Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U with 1.60GHz Processor and 4 Cores | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 with Integrated Graphics Card | Screen: 13-Inch Screen Size // 16:9 Aspect Ratio // Built-In Touch Screen Display // 1920 x 1080 Screen Resolution
If you’re looking for one of the best laptops for business, then you’ll want to take a look at the HP Elite Dragonfly, which is a high-quality laptop that’s geared towards the business Industry. This laptop is also one of the better 2-in-1 laptops that you can find, which is a huge perk for any professionals that need to give a presentation to their clients.
This laptop is easy to operate, and the keyboard is comfortable for typing, which makes it ideal for business projects. It also comes with a built-in touchscreen, which makes it easier for you to use during your business meetings or client presentations.
When you’re looking for a laptop, you’ll want to ensure that you find a laptop that comes with a warranty. One of the many things that we love about the HP Elite Dragonfly is that it comes with a 1-year warranty that will protect you from any defects.
The Best Lightweight Laptop for College Students
RAM: 8GB RAM | Storage: 256GB SSD | Processor: 1.1GHz Quad-Core Intel i5 // Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz // 4MB L3 cache | Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics w/ Retina Display | Screen: 13.3-Inch Screen Size // LED-backlit Retina display with IPS technology // 16:10 Aspect Ratio // 2560-by-1600 Native Resolution at 227 ppi
One of the best laptops for college is the MacBook Air, which is a lightweight laptop that’s powerful for all your projects and assignments while being thin and sleek. This laptop is also high-quality and cost-friendly when you compare it to other lightweight laptops, which means that it’s ideal for a college student.
The MacBook Air features a 13-inch wide Retina display screen and weighs under 3lbs, which makes it lightweight and easy to carry around your campus. It also comes with multiple USB ports that allow you to charge your phone while you’re studying.
This MacBook Air also comes with surprisingly long battery life and can last for up to 12-hours per charge. This feature is perfect for a college student because it allows you to finish those projects without having to find a desk that’s near a power outlet.
The Best Thin Laptop for Gaming
RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Storage: 512GB Solid State Drive | Processor: 3.9 GHz Core i7 Family with 4 Cores Processing | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 // 4GB Graphics card with Dedicated RAM | Screen: 13.3-Inch Screen Size // Ready for External Graphics // 100% sRGB Colour Saturation for the best Visual Clarity // HD MAtte Display // 1920 x 1080 Screen Resolution | USB Ports: 3
Sometimes when a company tries to reduce the weight of their laptop, they’ll cut corners, which can reduce the speed of your laptop. If you’re looking for a lightweight gaming laptop, then you’ll want to be sure that it’s high-quality so that you can play your games at full speed.
If you’re searching for one of the best gaming laptops that are thin and lightweight, then you’ll want to take a look at the Razer Blade Stealth laptop. The Razer Blade Stealth is a high-quality gaming laptop that is 13-inches wide and weighs under 4lbs, which makes it easy to carry.
This laptop is built for performance and comes with a complete suite for connectivity, external graphics readiness, 100% sRGB colour saturation for visual clarity, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics for faster performance. When you compare this laptop to other gaming laptops, you’ll find that it’s cost-friendly and is one of the best gaming laptops under 1500.
The Best Cheap Lightweight Laptop
RAM: 8GB DDR | Storage: 128GB Flash Memory SSD | Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y Processor // 2 Cores Processing | Graphics: Integrated Graphics Card // 2MB of Dedicated Graphics Storage | Screen: 10-Inch Screen Size with Built-In TouchScreen // 1800 x 1200 Screen Resolution
When you’re looking for a laptop that you can carry throughout the day, then you may want to look at the Microsoft Surface Go. This laptop is thin, lightweight and is designed to be grabbed and carried as you’re going about your day.
The Microsoft Surface GO features a 10-Inch screen size and weighs less than 1.5 lbs, which makes it lightweight, and thin. While this laptop is small, it’s still built with quality in mind and is powerful enough to handle most of the daily tasks that you’ll need to accomplish.
A surprising feature for the Microsoft Surface Go is that it has long battery life. This laptop can last for up to 9 hours per charge which makes it ideal for those that can’t stop to recharge their laptop throughout their busy day.
The Best Lightweight Laptop for Photo and Video Editing
RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM | Storage: 512GB Flash Memory SSD | Processor: 4.6 GHz Intel Core i7 // Quad Core Processing | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Coprocessor// Dedicated Graphics Card | Screen: 15.6-Inch Screen Size // 4K UHD Display // Built-In Touchscreen // 3840 x 2160 Screen Resolution | Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
If you’re looking for a laptop that is thin, lightweight and good for editing photos, then you may be interested in the HP Spectre x360 Laptop. This laptop comes with excellent graphics and 4K Ultra High Definition Graphics, which make it ideal for working with photo editors.
The HP Spectre x360 features a 15.6-inch screen with a built-in touchscreen display. It also can be converted into a 2-in-1 laptop so that you can work on your projects or make it easier for your clients to see your work.
One of the things we liked about the HP Spectre x360 is that the battery lasted for a long time after every charge. It also comes with power optimization settings that you can use to make your battery last for over 10 hours without charging your laptop.
The Best Lightweight Laptop for Graphic Design
RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 With Quad Core | Storage: 512GB SSD | Processor: 1.9 GHz Core i7-860 | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Coprocessor // 6GB Dedicated Graphics Card | Screen: 15-Inch Screen Size // Vibrant PixelSense Display // Built-In Touchscreen Display // 3260 x 2160 Screen Resolution
If you’re going to use your laptop for graphic design, then you’ll want a lightweight laptop that’s up to the tasks. One of the best laptops for graphic design that is thin and lightweight is the Microsoft Surface Book 2 Laptop.
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 features a 15-Inch display with a built-in touchscreen and vibrant PixelSense Technology. It also comes with a 2-in-1 feature, which allows you to detach the screen from the keyboard and use your laptop as a tablet.
While this laptop is thin and sleek, you’ll find that it’s powerful and can be used for work, gaming, graphic design or working on videos. It also comes with a long-lasting battery, which can last over 10 hours per charge, which is nice when you’re working on long projects.
The Best Lightweight 2-in-1 Laptop
RAM: 16GB RAM | Storage: 512GB SSD | Processor: Microsoft SQ1 Processor by Qualcomm | Screen: 13-Inch Screen Size // Built-In PixelSense Touchscreen // Signature Surface Ratio 3:2 // 2880 x 1920 Screen Resolution
A 2-in-1 laptop brings the best of both worlds–functionality and versatility. With a 2-in-1 laptop, you’ll be able to use your computer for projects and then use the screen as a tablet for ease of use. One of the best 2-in-1 laptops that is thin and lightweight is the Microsoft Surface Pro X laptop.
The Microsoft Surface Pro X features a 13-Inch Screen with an edge-to-edge touchscreen. This is also one of the thinnest 2-in-1 laptops and is less than 8mm thick and weighs under 3lbs, which makes it easy to carry.
When you’re using your laptop on the go, you’ll want a laptop that has a long battery life so that you’re not always charging. One of the beautiful features on the Microsoft Surface Pro X is that the battery can last for up to 10 hours, depending on what you’re doing with the laptop.
How to Choose the Best Lightweight Laptop
As you can see, there are a lot of lightweight laptops that you could choose from as your laptop. While it may seem confusing to buy a laptop, we’ll try to help guide you through the process of finding the best lightweight laptop for your needs.
In this section, we’re going to look at some features that you may want in your lightweight laptop. The features that you’ll need in a computer will depend on how you intend to use your computer, so you’ll need to keep this in mind when you’re choosing the best laptop for yourself.
Here are some of the things to look for in a lightweight laptop.
1. Choose a Platform – (Windows, Mac, Chrome)
Before you begin the process of buying the best lightweight laptop, you’ll want to take a step back and consider which Operating System (OS) that you’d like to use. While this may seem like an obvious decision, you must know what operating system you’d like to use before buying a laptop.
Many operating systems come pre-installed on the laptop that you’re going to buy, and while you can change the operating system on your laptop, it’s much easier to buy a computer with an OS that you’d prefer to use.
Some of the most common Operating Systems (OS) will include:
- Microsoft Windows – One of the most common operating systems is called the Windows Operating System. This operating system has been around for decades, and the most recent version of the Windows OS would be the Windows 10 Update.
- macOS – The macOS is an operating system that was designed and owned by Apple. This OS is preinstalled on all Apple Macintosh products and is one of the most popular operating systems that you can use.
- Linux – The Linux operating system is an open-source OS, which means that anyone in the world can modify it. The pros of using a Linux OS is that it can’t be accessed by a single company as you’ll find with Apple or Window products.
- ChromeOS – The ChromeOS is an operating system that is an OS that is designed and owned by Google. This OS uses apps like you’ll find with a tablet and uses Google Chrome as your primary browser. Some examples of the laptops that would use ChromeOS would be the Chromebooks.
Once you’ve decided which operating system you’d like on your device, you’ll find that it’s much easier to choose a lightweight laptop. This is because you’ll have eliminated all of the laptops that don’t have the operating system that you’d prefer to use.
2. Traditional Laptop or a 2-in-1 Laptop
Once you’ve decided on the operating system that you’d like to use on your lightweight laptop, it’s time to determine what style you’d like to have with your new laptop. You’ll need to choose between the 2-in-1 laptops or the traditionally styled laptops.
You may not understand the difference between these two styles, so we’ll try to help you know how they’re different.
- Traditional Laptops – This type of laptop is a laptop that doesn’t have a screen that disconnects from the keyboard of your computer, which turns it into a tablet for easy viewing. A traditional laptop is generally placed on a work desk and not carried around as much as you would with a 2-in-1 laptop. The traditionally styled laptops are also much cheaper than the more modern styled laptops.
- 2-in-1 Laptops – The 2-in-1 style laptops are usually very thin and lightweight, which makes them easy to carry around. The screen will be able to turn around via hinge or disconnect from the keyboard altogether so that you can use it as a tablet device. One of the downsides of a 2-in-1 laptop is that they’re usually more expensive than a traditional laptop, but are much cheaper than buying a laptop and a tablet together. The 2-in1 laptops are also very powerful and are perfect for graphic design or editing projects.
You’ll likely need to decide how much money you’re willing to pay for a laptop, as this will determine whether you get a traditional laptop or a laptop that turns into a tablet. While 2-in1 laptops are more expensive, they can be worth the money and are cheaper than buying a tablet and a computer.
3. Laptop Screen Size
After you’ve decided on the style of laptop that you would like to purchase, it’s time to start narrowing down your search for the best lightweight laptop by choosing a computer with a screen size that fits your lifestyle.
If you’re going to be spending a lot of time at the laptop, then you’ll want to find a laptop with a larger screen size so that you can sit back from the screen and still see what you’re working on without hurting your eyes.
Here are some of the most common screen sizes for laptops.
- 11-12 Inch Laptop Screens – One of the most common laptop sizes for smaller laptops is the 11-Inch Laptops. These laptop screens are the smallest screen size that’s commonly sold. These laptops will be the thinnest and lightest laptops due to their decreased screen size.
- 13-14 Inch Laptop Screens – If you’re looking for a hybrid between usability and portability, then you may want to use a 13-Inch Laptop or a 14-Inch Laptop. These laptops will be thin and lightweight, but the screen size will be easy to view while you’re using your laptop.
- 15-16 Inch Laptop Screens – When you’re working at your computer throughout the day, then you’ll want a laptop that has a larger screen. One of the most popular laptop screen sizes is the 15-Inch Laptop. While this laptop screen is larger, it’ll still be lightweight, and your laptop will still be easy to carry around.
- 17-18 Inch Laptop Screens – If you prefer to have a larger laptop, then you can always use a bigger screen size such as the 17-Inch Laptops. This larger screen size will help you view your projects better and protect your eyes from staring at your screen too closely.
The size of your laptop screen will mostly be decided on your preference. If you enjoy a smaller laptop that has a tablet feel, then you’ll want a laptop with a smaller screen. However, if you’re going to be working on your computer a lot, then you may want a larger screen size.
4. Screen Quality
Since you’ll be using your laptop for a while, you’ll want to make sure that you find a laptop with a screen that fits your preferences and is high quality so that it’s easy to look at and doesn’t cause any headaches.
You’ll also want to decide if you want a laptop that has a touchscreen or a computer that can’t be controlled by touching the screen. This feature will come down to your preference, and you’ll need to decide on the style of the screen that you’d like to use.
Here are some of the main features of each screen style.
- Touchscreen Laptops – It can be nice to have a touchscreen laptop because it’ll be easier for you to control your computer and you won’t always need a computer mouse. While it’s nice to have a touchscreen laptop, you may find that the touchscreen feature will add a gloss to your screen, which can be annoying if you’re trying to use your computer for gaming or editing photos.
- Non-Touchscreen Laptops – While it may not be modern for you to have a laptop that doesn’t come with a touchscreen, it may be easier for you to use. This is because you won’t get oil marks on your screen from touching the screen, and you won’t accidentally touch your screen and mess up your projects.
Once you’ve decided on the screen quality, you’ll want to take a look at the resolution of your laptop screen to ensure that you’ll have enough quality for the projects that you’ll be working on with your lightweight laptop.
Here are some of the most common screen resolutions for laptops.
- 720p resolution (HD) – The 720p Screen Resolution is an HD Display Resolution that measures 1080 pixels by 720 pixels. While this screen display is technically High Definition (HD), however, it compares closely with the older Standard Definition Screens because it isn’t nearly as clear as the 2K and 4K Monitors and computer Screens.
- 1080p Resolution (HD) – If you want a computer screen that is relatively clear and can be used for your projects or gaming, without having to spend a lot of money, then you’ll want a laptop with a screen resolution of 1080p. This screen resolution measures 1920p by 1080p and offers great screen resolution for computer screens that are under 24 inches.
- 4K Screen Resolution (UHD)- The 4 Screens are the style of computer screens that tech companies are trying to push the most to their customers. The 4k Screen Resolution measures 3840p by 2160p and is considered to be Ultra High Definition (UHD). While it does offer a lot of clarity for your screen, you’ll need one of the best graphics cards in your laptop if you’re going to be using your laptop for gaming or other GPU Intensive Tasks.
While there are many other screen resolutions that you could choose from, these are the most common sizes that are being built into laptops. Unless you’re doing tasks that require a lot of graphics ability, then you should be able to function with a computer that has a screen resolution of 1080p (HD).
5. Laptop RAM
When you’re trying to buy the best lightweight laptop, you’ll want to take a look at the computer’s RAM to ensure that you’ll have the ability to run all of your programs. The RAM is an acronym for Random Access Memory and acts as short term memory for your computer so that your laptop can quickly access the programs that you have open on your computer but aren’t actively using.
A while back, it used to be that you’d only need 4GB of RAM, and your computer would be faster than everyone else’s computer. However, the times have changed, and you’ll want at least 8GB of RAM on your computer if you want to run programs efficiently.
If you’re going to be using your lightweight laptop for video editing, gaming or other CPU intensive activities, then you’ll want to make sure that your laptop has enough RAM. You’ll want 16-32GB of RAM if you’re going to be gaming online if you want your laptop to be responsive and provide an enjoyable gaming experience.
6. Laptop Storage Capacity
Another factor that you’ll need to consider when you’re trying to find the best lightweight laptop is the size of the hard drive on your laptop. If the laptop’s hard drive doesn’t have a lot of storage, then you’ll find that you’re always having to delete files, which can get tiring for some users.
Before you choose the size of your hard drive, you’ll want to consider what you’re going to be using your laptop for and how much storage you’ll need. If you’re going to be editing a lot of videos, then your computer may use a lot of storage because the rendered videos will store on your laptop once you’re finished creating your video.
Also, if you’re going to be installing a lot of PC games onto your laptop, then you’ll find that it uses a lot of storage. On the other hand, if you’re going to be using your computer for simple projects or business, then your laptop may not require a lot of storage.
We would recommend that you find a laptop with at least 200GB of storage space on your internal hard drive. If this isn’t enough for the tasks that you’re doing, then you may want to take a look at buying one of the best external hard drives. An external hard drive will allow you to store all your documents and videos which you won’t actively use on a day-to-day basis and place them in the storage on an external hard drive.
7. Keyboard and Touchpad
When you’re looking for the best lightweight laptop, you’ll also want to take a look at the keyboard and mouse pad to ensure that the size is right for you. If you’re going to be using your laptop for writing, then you’re likely used to a certain keyboard size.
It can be difficult for you to get adjusted to a new keyboard, so unless you’ve got a good computer keyboard, you’ll want to find a laptop that has a familiar feel. As long as you’re using a computer that has the same screen size as your previous laptop, then the keyboard spacing and format should be somewhat similar to the new laptop.
If you’re choosing a lightweight laptop, then this means that you’ll plan to carry your laptop around for work, school or even travel. If this is the case, then you’ll want a computer that comes with a good mousepad so that you can operate your laptop also though you may not have a computer mouse.
While it’s easier to use your laptop when you have a high-quality computer mouse, you’ll need to make sure that the mousepad is easy to use so that you can use your computer without a mouse. There’s nothing worse than showing up to a business presentation and realizing that you can’t give the presentation or operate your laptop because you don’t have your computer mouse, and the mousepad is hard to use.
8. Long Laptop Battery Life
If you’re going to be using your laptop for travel, college classes or business trips, then you’ll want to ensure that your thin laptop has a battery life that lasts for a long time. This is because you won’t always be able to stop and recharge your computer, and you don’t want your laptop dying on you.
We would recommend that you find a laptop that has a battery life of at least 3 hours or more. This will allow you to do a lot of work or browsing without having to be plugged into a power outlet at all times. You’ll benefit much more when your laptop can last for over 5 hours per charge.
Some laptops also come with a battery optimization mode that allows you to save the battery power on your laptop. This is a nice feature to have because it will allow your computer battery to last for much longer by reducing the number of programs that your laptop will run in the background of your computer.
9. Other Laptop Features
When you’re shopping for the best thin laptop, you’ll want to look at other features that you may want in a laptop. This will ensure that you get the features that you want, without the manufacturer cutting corners and removing some key elements that you’d like to have in a laptop.
Here are some other features that you may want in a laptop.
- USB Ports – If you’re going to be using your laptop for gaming or to charge your phone while you’re out, then you’ll want to ensure that your laptop has at least 2 USB Ports. This will allow you to plug in a computer mouse while charging your phone or plugging in an external hard drive.
- HDMI Connection – Whether you’re going to use your laptop to watch sports or movies at home on a larger monitor, or give a presentation at work, your laptop should have an HDMI port.
- Headphone Jack – Unless you have Bluetooth headphones that you can use for work, and watching movies, you’ll want a laptop with a built-in headphone jack.
These are just some of the features that you may want on your laptop. If you can think of other features that you’ll need to use daily, then you’ll want to look for those features in a laptop when you’re choosing the right laptop for your needs.
10. Buy on a Budget
One of the things that you can do to help you find the right lightweight laptop for you is setting a budget for your shopping trip. A budget will help you find a laptop that is thin, lightweight and high-quality without spending more money than your price range.
A budget will also help you eliminate all the laptops that are outside of your budget, which will make it easier for you to find the best thin laptop. You’ll also be able to avoid buyer’s remorse when you set a budget, which will allow you to enjoy your purchase without regrets.
While you may have issues with finding a laptop that’s high-quality when you start to get into a lower price range, these articles can help you find some of the highest-quality laptops that are within your budget.
Summary – Best Lightweight Laptop for 2020
We hope that this article has helped you on your quest to find the best laptops that are thin and lightweight. When you’re shopping for a lightweight laptop, you’ll want to ensure that it has the features that you’d need in a computer. Sometimes when a company tries to make a thinner laptop, they’ll need to cut corners to do so. You should always check the laptop to ensure that it has the specs and features that you’ll need in a laptop.