OUR EDITORS INDEPENDENTLY RESEARCH, SELECT, AND RECOMMEND THE BEST PRODUCTS FOR REVIEW. AT TIMES (AND AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU), WE MAY RECEIVE COMMISSIONS ON PURCHASES MADE THROUGH OUR CHOSEN LINKS. WE WILL ONLY EVER PROMOTE THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT WE TRUST AND 100% RECOMMEND. YOU MAY READ OUR FULL AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Table of Contents
- Best Tackle Boxes and Bags for 2022
- 1. Plano 1374 Rack System Tackle Box
- 2. Plano Guide Series Tackle Bag
- 3. Wild River CLC Fishing Tackle Bag
- 4. Plano Angled Tackle Box
- 5. Piscifun Fishing Tackle Backpack
- 6. Plano Small Tackle Box
- 7. Plano B-Series Mossy Oak Tackle Bag
- 8. Piscifun Tackle Fanny Pack
- Tips for Choosing the Best Fishing Tackle Box
Best Tackle Box 2022 – Updated by Burbro Editors on April 14th, 2021
If you’re looking for a way to store your tackle, you’ll want to consider using a tackle box or tackle bag to store all your fishing lures, bait and other fishing gear. When you’re shopping for tackle boxes, you’ll notice many products you could choose from as your fishing storage system. However, it doesn’t mean that all the products are durable, easy to use or worth the money. The best tackle boxes are designed so they can store a lot of fishing gear and other personal accessories. They’re also built with high-quality materials, so they last the test of time and hold up over years of wear and tear. The top tackle boxes are also easy to use and make it easy for you to carry your fishing gear to your favorite fishing spot.
In this article, we’ll be reviewing the best fishing tackle boxes of 2022. The products on our list are built with high-quality materials and designed to last for the years to come, and many of the items are backed by long-term warranties from the manufacturer.
Best Tackle Boxes and Bags for 2022
If you’re looking for the best fishing tackle boxes, we’ve got you covered. We’ve reviewed the top fishing tackle boxes and the best fishing tackle bags and compiled the best products into a quick list so you can easily find the best fishing products. One of the issues with using a plastic tackle box is that they’ll slide around inside your boat, and they can easily tip over unless you’ve placed the tackle box on an even surface and secured it. To prevent your tackle box from tipping over, you’ll want to place some anti-slip pads or traction tape on the bottom of the tackle box, so your tackle storage system doesn’t slide around or tip over and spill your lures and other accessories.
Here are the Best Tackle Boxes of 2022.
1. Plano 1374 Rack System Tackle Box
Best Tackle Box for Fishing
One of the best tackle boxes for fishing is the Plano 1374 Rack System Tackle Box. This tackle storage box has more than enough storage space for most veteran anglers while being a good choice for beginners. The main storage compartment is large enough to house four 3700 utility boxes, which is a lot of room for various baits, lures and fishing accessories. The top of this tackle storage box also opens up so you can store your fishing pliers, fishing line, soft baits, fishing rod accessories and more. This tackle storage box is made from high-quality materials, manufactured in the USA and tested for durability. It also comes with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
2. Plano Guide Series Tackle Bag
Best Fishing Tackle Bag
If fishing tackle bags sound right for you, you’ll want to look at the Plano Guide Series Tackle Bag, which is the best fishing tackle bag. The Plano Guide Series Tackle Bag features a hardback construction and covered in a denier fabric, giving it a rugged, heavy-duty design. This premium tackle storage bag also comes with seven 3750 stows and three 3650 stows for better tackle organization. It comes with integrated fishing rod holders so you can be hands-free when you’re carrying your fishing gear. This tackle bag also comes with other features such as a waterproof case for your accessories, oversized zippers for more comfortable use, and a magnetic top so you can quickly access your lures without having to unzip your tackle bag.
3. Wild River CLC Fishing Tackle Bag
Editor’s Pick for Best Tackle Box
If you like the idea of a fishing tackle bag, you won’t want to miss the Wild River CLC Fishing Tackle Bag. The Wild River CLC fishing tackle bag also comes with a top handlebar to carry the bag by hand, and it also comes with a shoulder strap so you can carry your tackle over your shoulder. This tackle bag features a large bottom compartment that’s large enough for five 3700 style storage trays, along with top storage that comes with adjustable dividers so you can easily organize your fishing gear. This tackle storage bag also comes with waterproof compartments inside the bag for your personal accessories such as your phone, keys, wallet, license and fishing permits.
4. Plano Angled Tackle Box
Popular Tackle Box for Boating.
One of the best tackle boxes for boating is the Plano Angled Tackle Box, which has enough storage for the average angler without taking up too much space in your boat. The Plano Angled Tackle Storage System features a lower compartment that’s large enough to store three 3600 stowaway utility boxes, which is plenty of room for various lures, baits, and other fishing tackle. The top of the fishing box opens up with more storage space so you can house your essential fishing gear. The top of this tackle storage box is also angled at 15-degrees and has smaller compartments that are designed to store the lures that you’re using for your fishing trip.
5. Piscifun Fishing Tackle Backpack
Best Fishing Backpack
If you want to try a fishing tackle backpack, you’ll want to consider the Piscifun Fishing Tackle Backpack. The Piscifun Fishing Tackle Backpack is made from 1200D, water-resistant high-density nylon fabric and combined with heavy-duty KAM buckles and SBS zippers for the most durability. The backpack is designed with 86 sewing methods, creating a tougher design with higher water resistance. This backpack features 11 to 18 compartments that can be used to organize your fishing tackle, fishing gear and other personal accessories. The Piscifun Fishing Tackle Backpack comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturers.
6. Plano Small Tackle Box
Best Tackle Box for the Money
One of the best cheap fishing tackle boxes is the Plano Small Tackle Box, which is the perfect size for beginner fishermen. This Plano Tackle Box comes with three cantilever trays that provide 22 to 34 storage compartments for lures, fishing tackle and other fishing gear. The bottom of this fishing tackle storage system features bulk storage for other fishing tackle and larger fishing gear. It also features a brass latch lock to store your tackle box and a sturdy collapsible handle for carrying your fishing tackle. One of the things that we love about this tackle storage box is that it’s difficult to spill the lures, even if the box is turned upside down. Because of this tackle storage system's tight design, the lures and fishing tackle remain in their compartments, even when the box is jostled around the boat.
7. Plano B-Series Mossy Oak Tackle Bag
Best Fishing Tackle Bag for Kayaking
The Plano B-Series Tackle Bag is one of the best tackle bags for kayaks because of its compact design while offering a lot of storage room for various fishing gear. It features three 3650 utility boxes and one 3500 utility box but can hold up to six utility boxes. The Plano B-Series Tackle Bag features durable fabric, designed with rip-stop technology and heavy-duty buckles and zippers. This tackle bag also comes with an impact-resistant base that protects your gear from any damage and a waterproof base that keeps your fishing tackle dry. This tackle bag also comes with five exterior storage pockets that can hold all your fishing gear, fishing tackle, and personal accessories. The inside of the bag also has bulk storage for larger fishing gear that you may need on your fishing trip.
8. Piscifun Tackle Fanny Pack
Best Tackle Bag for Surf Fishing
One of the best tackle bags for fishing while standing is the Piscifun Tackle Fanny Pack. This tackle bag is made from durable canvas materials and comes with heavy-duty, double zippers. This fishing tackle fanny pack also comes with an adjustable waistband so you can adjust the size of your fanny pack and make it more comfortable to wear. It features a main storage pocket, ideal for a small utility box filled with your favourite lures, fishing tackle and fishing gear. It also comes with a zippered pocket that’s flush to your body, which is perfect for your keys, license, fishing permit and other personal items. One of the nice things about this fanny pack is that it’s perfect for multiple uses such as hiking, camping, cycling, fishing, and travelling.
Tips for Choosing the Best Fishing Tackle Box
If you’re new to using tackle boxes for your fishing gear, we’ve got you covered. In this section, we’ll provide a buyer’s guide that gives some tips on how to choose the right tackle box for your fishing needs.
Here are some tips for choosing the right fishing tackle box.
- When you’re choosing a tackle box, you’ll want to consider the appropriate size to ensure that it’s right for you. You don’t want a tackle box that’s too big for your fishing lures and other gear because you’ll be carrying an oversized tackle storage box that can get tiring. You also don’t want one that’s too small because you won’t be able to store all your gear inside the box.
- You may want to try finding a tackle box that’s slightly larger than your needs, so you’ll have room to grow into the fishing tackle box as you acquire more fishing gear over the years.
- You’ll also need to consider the design of the tackle box. Some come with a larger design that provides more space in the center of the box for general storage, while other boxes come with folding trays that provide a smaller box that’s more compact.
- If you have larger fishing gear, you may want to use a tackle box that comes with a larger design so you can easily store your gear. If you’re only carrying lures, small accessories and fishing lines, you’ll want to use a compact design because it’ll be easier to carry your fishing gear to your favorite fishing hole.
- You’ll also need to decide if you want to store your fishing gear in utility boxes or if you want a box that has a large area for general storage. We recommend finding a tackle box that comes with options such as larger storage in the center while having general storage space on the sides of the box for those larger fishing accessories such as gloves, fishing knives or a fish bat.
- If you enjoy being organized with your fishing gear, you’ll likely want to choose a design that uses utility boxes. The utility boxes are air-tight containers with plastic dividers that make it easy to store your fishing lures and stack the utility boxes inside your tackle box for easy storage.
- You’ll also want to look for a tackle box that comes with sturdy handles so you can carry your fishing gear wherever you go. If you’re opting for a larger box, you may want to consider finding one that comes with a shoulder strap so you can easily carry the extra weight with an adjustable strap.
- The locking clasps are another area that you’ll want to look at to ensure that the clasps are heavy-duty, easy to use, and securely locked without coming loose. We recommend finding a box that comes with two locking clasps instead of a single locking clasp, so there’s less weight on each clasp, making it more durable.
- If you’re placing your tackle box inside a boat, we recommend looking for a box that comes with rubber feet so that the box can’t slide around inside the boat. It can be a hassle to stop your tackle box from sliding around while you’re driving your boat to your favorite fishing spot, and you don’t want your fishing tackle to spill all over your boat because the box tipped over. Unless you can secure the tackle box inside your boat, it’s best to use rubber feet to prevent your fishing box from spilling over in your boat.
- You may also want to look for a box that comes with easy storage on the top of the fishing box. This top storage will be the perfect place for storing lures, fishing lines, pliers, or fishing leaders that you’ll be using throughout the day without having to open your fishing box and sort through your tackle to find the tackle that you’d like to use while you’re fishing.
- When you’re shopping for tackle boxes, you’ll notice that there’s a wide range of prices when it comes to fishing gear. As you’re choosing a tackle box, you’ll want to pay attention to the price of the tackle box. We recommend setting a budget for your purchase so you can easily find the right fishing box for your needs by eliminating all the options that are outside of your price range.
- It would help if you also looked for a product that comes with a warranty. A warranty will provide buyers protection against manufacturing defects. This ensures that your product is built with quality in mind and will last a long time.
- We recommend looking for a longer warranty that lasts longer than 3-years. A longer warranty will give you time to test the product to check for manufacturing defects before the warranty expires.
We hope this article has helped you find the best tackle boxes of 2022. If you’re new to fishing, there are some features that you should consider when you’re looking for a tackle box to ensure that you get the right one to store your fishing tackle. First off, you’ll want to consider the size of your tackle box. While you may not have a lot of fishing gear, if you plan to fish for the years to come, you’ll want a tackle box that you can grow into without having to thin out your fishing gear.
However, if you’re going to be transporting your tackle by hand, it’s best to use a tackle bag or a tackle backpack because they’re easier to carry with you. With a backpack or bag for your fishing tackle, you’ll be able to place your tackle over your shoulder and take it with you wherever you go. When you’re using a tackle backpack or bag, you can take your fishing tackle on hikes, camping trips, biking, kayaking or other travels.
Once you’ve determined the type of tackle storage system you’d like to use, you’ll want to consider the tackle storage system’s features. We recommend choosing a tackle bag or box that comes with enough room for several types of fishing lures and room for personal accessories such as your phone, wallet, license, fishing permits and other personal items that you may want on your fishing trip.
If you want to be hands-free on your fishing trip, you may want to consider finding a tackle bag that comes with fishing rod holders, so you don’t need to carry your fishing rods with you. It’s also handy to look for other features such as a sunglasses case that can keep your fishing sunglasses from getting broken.